Building inspection checklist template Miami homestead
Based on the results, the professional inspector will dictate the real value of a building in the market; that is, the highest price that the property would reach if it were put on sale.
However, it is necessary to take into account the neuralgic points on which the inspection must focus the magnifying glass: First, analyze if the property is a house or office. If the appraisal is made with commercial or rental objectives, in which department, municipality, local mayor’s office, sector, neighborhood and urbanization the property is located.
When defining the location, it makes an X-ray of the general characteristics of the sector, such as the class of the surrounding neighborhoods, the types of buildings in the sector and the block, as well as the activities that predominate in the area.
Then it reviews the general conditions of the terrain: topography and relief, in which it verifies if it is a flat, inclined or broken terrain. It also identifies the urbanization, the stage, the block, the lot number and its geometric shape and configuration.
Now, the scrutinizing view of the expert must fall on the construction of their building and observe the construction areas, the number of floors and levels, the distribution and description of the spaces, the age of the property, the category of finishes and the state of conservation. Ultimately, what size has its good, what has it invested and how has it taken care of it?
However, the properties of the building that are subject to the horizontal property regime, are subject to other complementary examinations such as the evaluation of structure, roof, facade finishes, mezzanines, masonry, window frames, exterior and interior doors. , stairs, finishing of outdoor areas, location within the set, value of the administration fee and public services, among other aspects.
Usually a building checklist template is used during the inspection.
The owners of the houses or apartments also go through a strict control. That is to say, it is investigated who is the owner, the title of acquisition of the building, cadastral registry, deed of horizontal property and the existing urban regulations in the sector, in addition to other points.
But the commercial value of the property can vary according to external conditions that the inspection determines, such as the boom or the crisis of the demand that the real estate has, which would increase or decrease the price of the good in the market.
As you really want to know how much money represents that building for your pocket, the most important thing, so that there is a good inspection, is to acquire the services of a professional inspector, who must be qualified, ethical, serious, with basic knowledge of marketing, economics , geopolitics, law, architecture, engineering and finance and, above all, that is very up to date in the movements of the market.
What a building inspection checklist template must include in miami homestead.
- Site Characteristics (paving, landscaping and utilities): where its located the building and the buildings surrounding it; this must be included on the checklist template for a inspection on Miami homestead
- Structural Frame and Building Envelope: In a perfect world before clients purchased a structure, they would engage a professional with building envelope knowledge to inspect the structure and determine the potential building envelope investment that may be required. Clients typically look at the roof, but rarely go into the remaining elements of the building envelope. With good information from an investigation, a client can make a prudent business decision prior to purchasing a structure. Armed with this information, he can renegotiate the price, accept the risk while being aware of the financial needs, or walk away from the deal. this must be included on the checklist template for a inspection on Miami homestead
- Roof Surface Areas: its a inspection that checks the conditions of the roof, like filtrations or cracks in it; this must be included on the checklist template for a inspection on Miami homestead
- Mechanical and Electrical Systems: A mechanical inspection is a detailed report of all the aspects of the mechanical systems of the building. The inspector will check out the heating system, air conditioning system, ductwork, venting, fireplaces / chimneys, electric, and major appliances; this must be included on the checklist template for a inspection on Miami homestead
- Plumbing Systems: Plumbing describes different systems in a building or building. Plumbing can mean fixtures such as a sink or tub, pipes that bring water to the fixtures, pipes that drain the sewage from the fixtures, gas supply lines, underground sprinkler systems, heating pipes, this kind of inspection often looks for damage in the plumbing of the building; this must be included on the checklist template for a inspection on Miami homestead
- Heating Systems: This inspection looks for failures in heating system such as wáter heaters, thermostats, Furnaces, Air filters, heat exchangers, the inspector looks for issues in this systems; this must be included on the checklist template for a inspection on Miami homestead
- Vertical Transportation: here the Vertical transportation of a building is checked such as mechanical stairs, elevators, conveyors and escalators; this must be included on the checklist template for a inspection on Miami homestead
- Life Safety/Fire Protection: The inspection check the common areas, stairways, utility rooms, storage rooms and the exterior of the building for issues that could threaten the life safety of the occupants; this must be included on the checklist template for a inspection on Miami homestead
- Interior Elements: This inspection check for cracks in walls and ceilings. Minor cracks are very common in most homes. A representative number of windows are opened when access is available. The inspector performs a visual check of ovens and built-in dishwashers; this must be included on the checklist template for a inspection on Miami homestead
- Document Review: This inspection makes sure all the documents of the comercial property are in order and up to date; this must be included on the checklist template for a inspection on Miami homestead
- Opinions of Probable Costs: this is where the property value is appraised by the inspector after making all the prior inspections; this must be included on the checklist template for a inspection on Miami homestead
- Recommendations: the recommendations given by the inspector, focusing on what has to be done for safety and what Jobs must be done in the property before attempting to sell it; this must be included on the checklist template for a inspection on Miami homestead
- Structural inspection
Structural inspections report on the foundation and supporting elements of a home. When performing a structure inspection, the home inspector will look for a variety of distress indications that may result in repair or further evaluation recommendations.
In the state of New York, only a licensed professional engineer or a registered architect can render professional opinions as to the sufficiency structural elements of a home or building. Municipal building officials can also make this determination, but they are not performing home inspections at the time they are rendering this opinion. Municipal officials are also not required to look out for the best interest of the buyer. Some other states may have similar provisions in their licensing laws. Someone who is not a licensed professional engineer or a registered architect can describe the condition of structural elements (cracked framing, sagged beams/roof, severe rot or insect damage, etc.), but are not permitted to render a professional opinion as to how the condition has affected the structural soundness of the building.
In Miami Homestead in order to have a complete home inspection this type of inspections must be done.
Other building inspection checklist templates may include this inspection services as well in Miami homestead
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Assessments
- Elevator Inspections
- Fenestration Inspections
- Fire Safety Inspections
- Lead-Based Paint Inspections
- Wood-Destroying Organism Inspections
- Phase I Environmental Site Assessments
- Sewage and Treatment Systems Inspections
- Asbestos Inspections
- Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) Assessments
- Radon Inspections
Miami Beach • Miami Gardens Aventura • Bal Harbour • Bay Harbor Islands • Biscayne Park • Carol City • Coral Gables • Cutler Bay • CutlerRidge • Doral • El Portal • Fisher Island • Florida City • Golden Beach • Hialeah • Gardens • Homestead • Indian Creek • Islandia • Kendall • Key Biscayne • Medley • Miami • Miami Lakes • Miami Shores • Miami Springs • Naranja • North Bay Village • North Miami • North MiamiBeach • Ojus • Opa-Locka • Palmetto Bay • Perrine • Pinecrest • Pinecrest / Monroe Co. • South Miami • Sunny Isles • Surfside • Sweetwater • Universal Park • Virginia Gardens • West Miami